Nutrient Management of Vegetable and Row Crops handbook (SP500)
The vegetable and agronomic crops industry is extremely diverse and covers many geographic regions of the state. In 2012, Florida had approximately 237,000 acres of vegetables and a farm value exceeding $2 billion in revenue. The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) has established Best Management Practices (BMPs) based on research, field testing, and expert review to reduce the impact of agricultural production on surface and groundwater quality. BMPs are specific cultural practices aimed at reducing the load of a specific compound, while maintaining or increasing economical yields that have been determined to be the most effective and practicable means for maintaining or improving the water quality of surface and ground waters. The BMPs that apply to production of vegetable and agronomic crops in Florida are described in Water Quality/Quantity Best Management Practices for Florida Vegetable and Agronomic Crops.
- SP500, Nutrient Management of Vegetable and Agronomic Row Crops Handbook (199 p. pdf) Edited by Kelly Morgan.
- Nutrient Management of Vegetable and Agronomic Row Crops Handbook
- Introduction to Nutrient Management of Vegetable and Agronomic Row Crops
- The Four Rs of Fertilizer Management
- Reduction of the Impact of Fertilization and Irrigation On Processes in the Nitrogen Cycle in Vegetable Fields with BMPs
- Comparison of Soil Test Extractants for Available Soil Phosphorus in High pH Sandy Soils of South Florida
- Soil Testing for Plant-Available Nutrients—What Is It and Why Do We Use It?
- Soil and Plant Tissue Testing
- Extraction of Soil Nutrients Using Mehlich-3 Reagent for Acid-Mineral Soils of Florida
- Plant Tissue Analysis and Interpretation for Vegetable Crops in Florida
- Soil and Fertilizer Management for Vegetable Production in Florida
- Fertilization of Agronomic Crops
- Calculating Recommended Fertilizer Rates for Vegetables Grown in Raised-Bed, Mulched Cultural Systems
- Soil pH Range for Optimum Commercial Vegetable Production
- Liming of Agronomic Crops
- Drip Irrigation: The BMP Era—An Integrated Approach to Water and Fertilizer Management for Vegetables Grown with Plasticulture
- Principles and Practices of Irrigation Management for Vegetables
- Water Use and Irrigation Management of Agronomic Crops
- Automatic Irrigation Based on Soil Moisture for Vegetable Crops
- Description of Enhanced-Efficiency Fertilizers for Use in Vegetable Production
- Using Composted Poultry Manure (Litter) in Mulched Vegetable Production