Food Safety: Handling Fresh Produce1
[Below is a preview image of Food Safety: Handling Fresh Produce. The PDF for this document is available at https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/FY/FY116400.pdf.]
2. Let this fruit ripen at room temperature. Hint: It's popular in cobblers!
4. Don't bag or store produce with raw _ _ _ _.
6. Wash produce with just water. There's no need for _ _ _ _.
7. Wash your _ _ _ _ _ for 20 seconds with warm water and soap.
1. Keep produce on _ _ _ if transporting it more than an hour.
2. Scrub these root vegetables well before using. Hint: They are great mashed or baked!
3. Wash produce in _ _ _ _ water before using.
5. These are popular in sandwiches and salads, but they are high-risk for foodborne illness. Don't eat them raw!
2. Peach; 4. Meat; 6. Soap; 7. Hands
1. Ice; 2. Potatoes; 3. Cool; 5. Sprouts