Turfgrass Pest Insects
Several insects and mites feed on grass, but not all of them cause economic or aesthetic damage. Many are harmless, some are beneficial, and some are pests. Only a few cause significant damage and need immediate control. Keep in mind that insects are only one of many potential causes for thin or brown grass. Diseases, nematodes, drought, and nutritional disorders can also be damaging. Correct identification of the problem can save money and prevent unnecessary pesticide applications. See Insect Pests in Florida Lawns for home lawn pest insect information.
- Two-lined Spittlebug Prosapia bicincta (Say) (Insecta: Hemiptera: Cercopidae)
- Insect Pest Management on Turfgrass
- Japanese Beetle, Popillia japonica Newman (Insecta: Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae)
- Managing Scale Insects and Mealybugs on Turfgrass
- Sugarcane Grub, Tomarus subtropicus Blatchley (Insecta: Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae)